[Xastir] No Maps .... Still

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Mar 27 10:04:38 EDT 2007

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Ray Wells wrote:

> After much drama I finally found a deb package for Graphicsmagick and it
> appears to be working - gm display brings up the logo.
>
> However, when I run configure for xastir (1.8.5) it complains it can't
> find GraphicsMagick-configure, and wants to compile with Imagemagick,
> which isn't working.
>
> Could GraphicsMagic-configure be known by another name on Debian Sarge?

Unlikely.

Typically if you install a pre-compiled package you'll end up
installing the libraries and executables, but not the headers.
There may be another package called something like
graphicsmagick-devel perhaps? from the same place you found the
other package.

In order to compile anything that uses libraries, you need the
header files installed as well.  Often these are in a separate "dev"
or "devel" package with a similar name.