[Xastir] CAD object transmissions?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed May 16 16:44:35 EDT 2007

On Wed, 16 May 2007, Craig Anderson wrote:

> That would be hugely useful to me.
>
> The ability to create a coordinated, distributed,
> common operating picture for a search & rescue
> effort.  Like NetMeeting for S&R.
>
> Could I talk someone into that?  :-)

Well, I think Tom and I are the ones that are (eventually)
interested in such a thing.

I hacked on the code to create the CAD objects originally, but
haven't had time to flesh out my thoughts on what it could become,
or to work on the code much more.

The POD circle transmitted data isn't compatible with any other APRS
application.  There's no reason why we couldn't request our own
user-defined packet from Bob, then define all kinds of special stuff
just for us.