[Xastir] Window managers

Bill Bird billbird at cal.berkeley.edu
Thu May 17 15:06:35 EDT 2007

The window manager I use for Xastir is TWM - it is very simple!  I run Xastir
inside a VNC server session on a Fedora Core 6 machine with 256MB of memory.
With Xastir running under VNC I just open up a VNC viewer on any machine in the
house (including the machine where the VNC/Xastir is running) to use my
Xastir/tnc/2m set-up.  The FC6/Xastir machine is also running Gnome for using
Open Office, Firefox, etc.

If I am using a laptop with only 64MB of memory I'll just run the TWM/Xastir
combination.

73,

Bill Bird
KG0YJ