[Xastir] Window managers

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Fri May 18 16:52:20 EDT 2007

on 5/18/2007 2:28 PM Curt, WE7U said the following:
> On Fri, 18 May 2007, Rice, MA Mark @ IS wrote:
>
>> By the way, is there a feature in Xastir to set the number of log files
>> rotated so that if I wanted to keep a week (or two) of logged data, I
>> could?  There are a few times this summer that I plan to be gone a few
>> days, and would like to have a record of some older traffic...
>
> Not currently configurable.  You'd have to change the code and
> recompile.
>
> You could always write a short script to snag the files periodically
> and save them somewhere else.  Could even smarten it up so that it
> saves a file away only when a new timestamp occurs on one of the
> backup files, so you know they just switched around.

Or, I don't know, there might be a program already installed on most Linux
machines. Maybe along the lines of `logrotate`. Check /etc/crontab or
/etc/cron.* folders for a logrotate config file and let your system do the work.

-Lance KJ5O

--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightningflash.net
http://kj5o.lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat the
cookies.