[Xastir] Complete set of TIGER 2006 SE shapefiles now available!

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Mon May 21 19:05:44 EDT 2007

At least for Texas, I can get a good dataset of our State's basemap in
e00 format.  It takes a bit to automate that transformation to shapefile
but I can look into that and work on it, as well as automating the
renaming function from County ID to name...

Somehow I'm not surprised Census is making their data less useful to the
likes of us.  Their requirements are considerably different from some of
the things we do and some of their shapes are likely to be highly
stylized or interpretive to reflect their needs.

Gerry

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020  FAX 979.862.3983
MAIL:  AATLT, 3139 TAMU
Physical: 1700 Research Parkway, Suite 160,
College Station, TX 77843-3139