[Xastir] GraphicsMagick cont'd

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed May 23 11:35:59 EDT 2007

On Wed, 23 May 2007, John Ronan wrote:

> my .bmp file doesn't display, I just get a black square (Same as I
> reported previously with OS X).  gm itself displays the image just fine.

What's the color depth of your X-server?

Try running 16-bit.  If that doesn't fix it, it may be a bug in GM,
or a bug or perhaps incomplete code in Xastir.

I know that our GM/IM code doesn't handle every possible thing we
can throw at it.

Another thing to try would be converting your BMP to PNG or GIF or
JPEG, creating a new .GEO to go with it, and see if that works for
you.

I believe the Xastir code is format-independent w.r.t. IM/GM, but
your GM version may have a bug w.r.t. BMP files.