[Xastir] Mac with v1.8.4 problems

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Thu May 24 12:32:59 EDT 2007

On May 24, 2007, at 6:48 AM, Keith Kaiser wrote:

> I have successfully loaded 1.8.4 to my Mac but when I start it all
> that
> happens is the Xastir window opens sits there for a few moments,
> looks like
> its trying to load 'terraserver-urban.geo' and then closes down. No
> errors
> or anything.
>
> I've included the terminal session of the load, it doesn't help me
> but maybe
> fresh eyes on it will see something.
>
> Thanks for the help.

I am seeing different problems with 1.8.4 on my Mac.  I installed the
version from macports.org.  Xastir starts to load normally, but I get
a long list of "Warning: Cannot find callback list in XtAddCallback"
followed by

Indexing maps...
Finished indexing maps
*** Reading WX Alert log files
*** Done with WX Alert log files

The tiger map comes up but nothing else happens.  If I click on any
of the buttons there is no drop-down menu.  The arrow buttons are
missing.

The previous macports version (1.7.?) worked fine.

Bob, N7XY