[Xastir] Mac with v1.8.4 problems

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu May 24 12:35:28 EDT 2007

On Thu, 24 May 2007, Keith Kaiser wrote:

> I have successfully loaded 1.8.4 to my Mac but when I start it all that
> happens is the Xastir window opens sits there for a few moments, looks like
> its trying to load 'terraserver-urban.geo' and then closes down. No errors
> or anything.
>
> I've included the terminal session of the load, it doesn't help me but maybe
> fresh eyes on it will see something.

Try some of these:

Crank down the size of your Xastir main window.  This will cause it
to request a much smaller file from the site.

Zoom in a lot.  This will cause terraserver to serve up the image
faster.

And the last but probably most useful suggestion:  Go to
File->Configure->Timing and increase the slider for "Internet Map
Timeout", which is the one at the bottom-right.