[Xastir] USB GPS?

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Thu May 24 18:48:40 EDT 2007

On May 24, 2007, at 4:39 PM, Richard Polivka wrote:

> About the sequencing, if you have unique ID's to your USB
> components, one could hack the hotplug/udev scripts to steer the
> unique ID to a particular device name. I did it a long time ago for
> a M$ GPS dongle but I do not remember how to do it.

google "udev rules".

This is convenient, but for it to do you any good the device must
have a unique ID (serial number) or be the only device of that type
on the system, or always plug in to the same place in the USB tree.

Don't think I've seen this answer, but the device special file name
is probably /dev/ttyUSB0 (assuming you don't have any other usb/rs232
devices plugged in to the system in question).

-Jason
kg4wsv