[Xastir] Xastir on a handheld

Rice, MA Mark @ IS mark.rice at L-3com.com
Fri May 25 13:43:00 EDT 2007

I have a Linux-based cellphone, a Motorola E680i ( read about it here
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=491 )
The kernel source is at http://sourceforge.net/projects/e680/

Advantages of the phone:
  50Meg internal memory that also accepts up to 2G SD memory card
  240x320 QVGA touch screen
  Runs many Java programs (I've tested several from
http://tuxmobil.org/pda_linux_apps_java.html )
  USB interface to computer/charger
  multifunction use (while talking on the phone, I can edit the
calendar, browse internet, etc...)

Disadvantages:
  Short battery life (the battery lasts about 8 hours or less and it's
dead)
  This phone was introduced in Asia, as such, ONLY the 1900MHz of this
tri-band phone works in the USA
  (If you live in a rural area, the 1900 band may not be supported, and
inside a metal building, you
   will have ZERO signal.)

I use Cingular and live near Dallas, Tx.  There are areas I can't get
any cell coverage at all or are very marginal.  Still, I like the bells
and whistles of this phone. Just wish the european and US cell bands
were all compatible...

- Mark
N4CMB