[Xastir] Xastir on a handheld

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Fri May 25 12:23:05 EDT 2007

I had hopes that there was some relatively simple hand held out there that
could run Linux enough to get Xastir up and going. Looks like I'll have to opt
for a small Laptop to see it anytime soon.

A tablet pc would be nice, but they are still a bit expensive.

For example:
     Samsung Q1 Ultra Mobile PC
     Intel Celeron M Processor, 900MHz, 512MB RAM,
     40GB Hard Drive, 7-inch WVGA TFT Display,
     Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
     $1,000

And there's not a lot of computer there for that price especially when you
consider that you could easily get 2 notebooks each with faster processors and
more ram/hd, etc.

I too have a Treo 650, but have been less than thrilled about what I've seen
on the Linux front there. And a recent slash-dot story about the Palm
operating system going down actually has me looking at a Windows based hand
held.

Oh well, thanks to everyone for responding with some ideas.

--
William
KI4HDU