[Xastir] gating weather objects v1.31 vs. 1.90

Greg Jurrens greg at jurrens.net
Sun May 27 12:02:18 EDT 2007

Happy Holidays Xastir folks:

I FINALLY upgraded my Xastir box from v1.30 to V1.90 to resolve some iGATE issues.  One interesting side effect is that my NWS gating NET->RF has stopped working.  I've verified that I do have a valid nws-stations.txt file in ~/.xastir and that I have NET->RF activated.  My recent igate.log files show that I'm properly gating messaging traffic but none of the currently active NWS alerts are showing up on air.

I'm guessing NWS gating is being done differently now so I'd appreciate if someone could point me to the proper methodology for setting NWS up now.  I scanned the WIKI but didn't find anything.  If needed, I'll contribute a "How to update your ancient V1.XX to the lastest for NWS" howto for the WIKI.

As usual, thanks to all for the great work!  Wish I was capable of contributing more...

73,
Greg
WD0ACD - Bee Cave iGATE

--