[Xastir] gating weather objects v1.31 vs. 1.90

Greg Jurrens greg at jurrens.net
Sun May 27 19:10:09 EDT 2007

Wow!  Was that subtle......

It turns out that in the beginning if you wanted to gate NWS data out you had to SPECIFICALLY list the event (EWXFFS) for instance.  Then wildcards were added so you could put EWX* in the nws-stations.txt file.....

Somewhere along the trail, the code was modified to ASSUME <<<< There's that word! >>>> that any line with 3 or more characters would have a wildcard appended to it.  The nws-stations.txt file is looking for something like:

EWX
FWD
CRP

and so on.....

Once I removed all the '*' from my weather stations of interest, everything started working again.

73,

Greg WD0ACD

--
Greg Jurrens - WD0ACD