[Xastir] libtiff / libxtiff

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Sat Nov 3 05:14:59 EDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-03 at 01:13 -0400, Chip Griffin wrote:
> OK, I'm closing in on success, but still need some help. I was able
> to reinstall X11 & XCode and was able to then rebuild Xastir
> successfully. But it's been a slow painful process. My current
> stumbling block to getting things as they were is to get libgeotiff
> installed. When I run the "configure" I get this error:
>
> > configure: error: You will need to substantially rewrite libxtiff to
> > build libgeotiff without libtiff
>
> But I do have libtiff v3.8.2 installed using Fink. I even reinstalled
> them, but that didn't help. I don't see such a thing as libxtiff in
> fink and could only find loose references online. I even tried
> "configure --libdir=/sw/lib" to try and help it find the lib files.

Most likely scenario is that it cannot find the header files for libtiff
(tiff.h, tiffio.h, tiffio.hxx, etc).

You could hardcode /sw/include (I'm assuming that's where the headers
are if they are installed) into configure.

IMO, configure should have --with-[lib]-includes options.  I've done
that in my own tree because I tend to install self-compiled stuff in
non-standard dirs (/opt/radio;/opt/gis).

I can post a unified diff for configure.ac if there's interest.

--
73, de Brad KB8UYR/6 <rez touchofmadness com>