[Xastir] libtiff / libxtiff

Chip Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Sat Nov 3 12:35:56 EDT 2007

On Nov 3, 2007, at 05:14, Brad Douglas wrote:

> Most likely scenario is that it cannot find the header files for
> libtiff (tiff.h, tiffio.h, tiffio.hxx, etc).
>
> You could hardcode /sw/include (I'm assuming that's where the
> headers are if they are installed) into configure.
>
> IMO, configure should have --with-[lib]-includes options.  I've
> done that in my own tree because I tend to install self-compiled
> stuff in non-standard dirs (/opt/radio;/opt/gis).
>
> I can post a unified diff for configure.ac if there's interest.

What I got to work was to copy (probably should've linked in
retrospect as this method will not result in proper updates when/if I
do an update of those libraries) those files and put them in the
location specified in the INSTALL file (the note said this was only
required pre-3.6.0, but even with 3.8.2 it was what I needed to do).
Note that I also couldn't find the fourth of the files (contrib/
dosdjgpp/port.h) listed but it still seemed to work. The three files
I found were in three different spots and two of them were in very
odd places (qt4 directories associated with Fink sources).

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn