[Xastir] shapelib Making...

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Sat Nov 3 12:22:25 EDT 2007

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007, Chip G. wrote:

> When I try to build shapelib using the help in the INSTALL file I have
> the following error:

> > *** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lc.
> > *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in
> > when
> > *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
> > *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

Looks like you've got a libshp.a but not a libshp.so built?

Do you _need_ to install shapelib separately or can you use the one
that's built-in to Xastir?  There's no loss in functionality by
using the one in Xastir, unless perhaps you need to build some of
the extra tools.

Try removing or disabling the separate shapelib install you're
trying to do, then configure/compile Xastir to see if it builds the
internal library.  If it doesn't find the external one it should.