[Xastir] Re: Leopard & Xastir

Chip Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Sun Nov 4 16:46:41 EST 2007

On Nov 4, 2007, at 12:10, Herman I. May wrote:

> "When installed on a Mac OS X 10.5 system, Xcode 2.5 does not
> install any files into /usr/bin because its Tiger-based tools are
> not compatible with native development for Leopard. Xcode will find
> these tools automatically, but if you want to do makefile-based
> development for Xcode 2.5 on Leopard, you must set your PATH
> environment variable to specify Xcode 2.5's /usr/bin directory
> first in order for its tools to be used, and also ensure that you
> are using the 10.4u SDK so that you do not include Leopard header
> files or link to Leopard link libraries."

I believe that the XCode that ships with Leopard is 3.0, not 2.5. I
believe 2.5 was a preview release for developers who wanted to
develop for Leopard in the pre-release state. What I can confirm is
this, on a system with the Leopard XCode installed there is a /usr/
bin installed under the /Developer directory. The full path is /
Developer/usr/bin/. I don't know what the ramifications of this are.
I am comparing the two directories, but everything I've compared so
far is the same version (cpp, autoconf, aclocal, autoupdate, bison,
gcc, m4, etc). So it may make no difference. (This was with an
"upgrade" installation, not a clean installation.)

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn