[Xastir] OpenSuSE 10.3/Xastir

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 15:56:35 EST 2007

Good info!  Suse 10.2 was similar - I was able to get all of the
packages from repositories - only thing special I had to do was
downgrade Motif.  I didn't try Terraserver images, so for all I know I
have the same problem with GraphicsMagick.

Mandriva is also very good regarding repositories.  Without even
looking for anything special like a ham radio repository (not sure if
it exists), I was able to get all of the packages for compiling a
"full blown" Xastir including GDAL, Geotiff, and all the other things
I don't need :-) from the standard repositories with just two
exceptions - gpsman and gpsmanshp.  I was able to get those from the
author's web site in RPM's compatible with Mandriva, so it was almost
as easy as using the repositories.  The above was true for both the
Mandriva One 2007 Spring and Mandriva One 2008 versions.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX