[Xastir] Is traffic encryption possible?

Jim Tolbert RiverRidge at CenturyTel.net
Fri Nov 9 13:06:18 EST 2007

Hi, all.............

As the capabilities of Xastir are explored in our corner of the world,
one query was raised in discussion.   Is there anyway, or more to the
point, what would be required, to have GPS location packets encrypted?
The thought was related to the secure use of Xastir in tactical operations.

Similarly, what would be required to add another digit to the position
accuracy that is transmitted and received?  Presumably, Xastir will plot
whatever it gets as data.

Finally, I was told the Motorola has a 2m Radio/GPS handheld unit (ala
Garmin Rino), but I have been unable to find it or any information about
it.   Does anyone have any info?

Many thanks............ jt