[Xastir] TOPOS with Xastir

KZ5ED ewdavenport at certin.com
Tue Nov 13 12:29:25 EST 2007

Hi all

I am trying to figure out how to use 1:25k Topos with Xastir so we can
use it with our Search and Rescue teams.

I have reviewed as many Readme.maps and Wiki's that I have been able to
find.
They have lead me to believe that I will have to create these charts
from other sources.
I have found that I can buy North Carolina County DRG files that I will
have to patch together for our ARES region
I think I will have to download the files and create a coordinate file
for each chart or for the patched files.
We have scripts that will convert some types of files to acceptable
formats but maybe not what I need.

As you can tell I do not have a clear picture of what I will need to do.

Has someone already gone through this who is willing to point me in the
right direction?

I would appreciate it.
Thank You

--