[Xastir] Aloha Circle

Chip Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Tue Nov 13 16:06:12 EST 2007

On Nov 13, 2007, at 12:43, Tom Russo wrote:

> That is how it has always been, and is done at the request of Bob
> Bruninga, who feels that all APRS clients should always show the
> Aloha circle.  We give the user the option of turning it off to
> declutter the map when needed, but in deference to Bob do not save
> that configuration option.
>
> It has, from time to time, pissed off users.  But it has always
> been that way for as long as Xastir has had the Aloha circle
> calculations.

With all due respect, I think Bob is wrong. Guess I run my clients so
long that I hadn't noticed previously that they keep reverting to the
aloha enabled. What an irritating little non-option. I think the user
should always have control over the interface. This includes having
it not undo what was done just because the application was quit (or,
groan, crashed). This is particularly apropos now as I fight through
issues with Leopard.

Just my $0.02. I seriously think this should be re-evaluated as a
savable option.

Thanks.

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn