[Xastir] Rotating Logs

Chip Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Tue Nov 13 16:35:41 EST 2007

On Nov 13, 2007, at 16:27, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Nov 2007, Chip Griffin wrote:
>
>> It appears that rotate_file is only called if the file size
>> exceeds the MAX_LOGFILE_SIZE which is set at 2048000 (unknown units).
>
> Bytes.

So I believe that would be 2MB, yes? If I'm right, then that would
mean 6 to 8 MB of space per logged component (tnc, wx, wx_alert, net,
etc). There are up to 6 components that can be logged, for a total
reserved space of 48 MB for logs. Not too bad. Guess that's reasonable.

> ~/.xastir/logs/

Exactly where I'd want it.

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn