[Xastir] Rotating Logs

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Nov 13 16:39:21 EST 2007

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> > So logfile rotation already exists, but there is no user control and
> > it only happens if filesize gets really big (2 MB?). It looks like it
> > is currently programmed to keep 3 files. I don't know where they are
> > kept and what the renaming scheme is.
>
> ~/.xastir/logs/

Also:  2MB isn't big anymore...

The sequence is:

    net.log.2 -> net.log.3
    net.log.1 -> net.log.2
    net.log   -> net.log.1

The old "*.log.3" file gets deleted when the renaming occurs, so you
have the four file suffixes listed above at any given time, but the
newest one might be empty or near-empty if the files just rotated.