[Xastir] Xastir compiled static?

David Flood davidf4 at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 19 19:21:00 EST 2007

Unfortunately the Cygwin environment can't be statically linked both by
design and by license.

The license requires that you distribute the entire thing or not at all.
And there's no way in the tools that they provide to statically link in the
.dll file.

One of these days, once I become independently wealthy, I might take a look
at a Visual C or other Windows programming environment copy (it can't be a
direct port due to the way that MS builds their tools) of Xastir.

Right now the closest thing to a "one file" solution is the pre-built Vmware
disk image.

Dave
KD7MYC