[Xastir] Feature idea for Xastir

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Thu Oct 4 20:18:26 EDT 2007

On Oct 4, 2007, at 7:03 PM, Tate Belden wrote:

> Is that even possible? To standardize on a generic 'SQL' so a
> specific set of features offered by any one SQL server don't
> dictate that server and only that server can be used?

I seem to recall that postgres has some specific GIS-type extensions
(PostGIS?) that would be desirable for an xastir implementation.

<queue Gerry>

I wouldn't worry too much about portability issues - I would expect
the database engine to be at least as portable (if not more so) than
the rest of the xastir support packages.

-Jason
kg4wsv