[Xastir] Feature idea for Xastir

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Fri Oct 5 12:04:02 EDT 2007

On Oct 5, 2007, at 8:48 AM, I wrote:

>> http://roadnav.sourceforge.net/
>
> Ah, this is more like it.  At a glance: maps - so what? looks a lot
> like xastir (maybe they do a bit better job rendering labels).
> Keep looking: vector maps, rendered by the app, included routing,
> vector maps based on TIGER data.

Looks good, but I couldn't get enough data downloaded/converted to
try anything interested - got tired of it continuously bombing on the
mac.  Oh well, another one bites the dust.

I did notice this, though:  GPX, an XML schema for "waypoint, route,
and track" exchange.  Could be interesting to include in xastir if
XML support is included along the way.

http://www.topografix.com/gpx.asp

-Jason
kg4wsv