[Xastir] Compile issues

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Sun Oct 7 00:11:42 EDT 2007

Alex and the Group ..

Well Ive made some serious breakthroughs .. Ive managed to get xastir 1.90
working with raster maps of a fashion.. Ive had little time this last week
to spend on this but last night I thought I would try and get ImageMagick to
compile .. It didnt work which is no real suprise. Imagamagick seems to be a
mother of all apps.. Quite oversized compared to xastir.. The whole package
will become predominantly imagemagick with xastir being a small portion..

Anyway .. After the install of imagemagick failed I decided to carry on
regardless and compile xastir .. Much to my suprise it compiled with
imagemagick support.. And whats more it ran and displays raster maps..

Ive created a xastir 1.9.0 deb file using checkinstall but it wont run upon
reboot and reinstall of the deb file... Remember this is a Live CD boot and
I am not doing any backups on shutdown.. xastir has issues with
libmagick.so.6 and cant find it. Looks like imagemagick again I think..

Just getting raster support was a major jaw dropper last night to say the
least.. So some real progress I guess. For most people the failure of  image
magic to install but xastir compiling probably wouldnt matter.
For me it is an issue because what I need to do is to make a deb file for
image magic and include it in the Live CD bootup as a package .. So I need
to correct the issues with the imagemagick install.

Any hints are appreciated.. Here is the configure results.
http://www.users.on.net/~wavetel/temp/imagemagick-config.gif
It appears to be configuring with perl magic .. Anything else thats amiss
may be shown here as well.. Do I need PerlMagick ??

Here are the errors encountered with the make install
http://www.users.on.net/~wavetel/temp/imagemagick-make-install.gif
It appears to have issues with Perl magick ..

I have found some helpful hints on this web page
http://studio.imagemagick.org/pipermail/magick-users/2003-September/010612.html

Here are some things it says that may be relavant. Can you tell me what is
relavant here ?
> ==== Preparing to build Imagemagick  ====

>You are going to need a few packages before you can build Imagemagick

>Install ghostscript:  gsfonts, gs, gs-common
>Install perl development:  libperl-dev
>Install jpeg support: libjpeg62-dev
>Install freetype support:  libfreetype6-dev

And what about this comment ?
>    ./configure --with-gs-font-dir=/usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts
>The path to the ghostscript fonts is incorrect for Debian. So, when you

Tony Hunt  VK5AH