[Xastir] Compile issues

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Oct 8 13:06:22 EDT 2007

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007, Tony Hunt wrote:

> Do I need PerlMagick ??

Nope.

> >You are going to need a few packages before you can build Imagemagick
>
> >Install ghostscript:  gsfonts, gs, gs-common
> >Install perl development:  libperl-dev
> >Install jpeg support: libjpeg62-dev
> >Install freetype support:  libfreetype6-dev

Just from the list above, Xastir needs jpeg.  If IM requires any of
the rest, then you'll need to add them as well.  A lot of the
libraries for IM are optional though.

See the xastir/scripts/LSB-BUILD-GRAPHICSMAGICK script to see how I
build GraphicsMagick for LSB-Xastir.  Note that I needed to compile
extra (non-LSB) libraries into Xastir statically to meet the LSB
spec, but you shouldn't need to.