[Xastir] Severe WX polygons?

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Sun Oct 14 11:22:57 EDT 2007

>From time to time, I see yellow polygons showing up on my xastir display.
These seem to happen during times of unstable weather, and they tend to
have the SW-NE general orientation of most of the storm alerts in this
neighborhood.
   They seem like chicken little crying out, telling me to be very afraid,
without telling me why.  I try to select 'station info' for every station
within the polygon, but nowhere can I find out who is doing the crying,
and a link to the underlying NWS report that prompted the alert.

Can someone tell me how I can 'drill down' and get more information about
these polygons, or failing that, suppress their display altogether?

--
Rick Green, N8BJX

                                   -Benjamin Franklin