[Xastir] Peet Bros U500 w/xastir

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Tue Sep 4 15:44:24 EDT 2007

Well, I've got the cabling worked out, and an interface configured.
Xastir says the interface is UP, and view/own wx data is showing numbers.

So I've made some considerable progress, but I'm still not quite there:

xastir is reporting '360' for wind direction all the time.  I'm running
xastir 1.8.2 on that machine, just in case a later release changed this
behavior.

Xastir shows the station type as 'Ultimeter 2000', when what I have is a
Ultimeter 500.  This shouldn't be a problem, since the Peet bros website
described the data format as pertaining to the 'U100, U800 & U2000', or
basically everything except the Ultimeter II.

I don't have barometric, rain, or Humidity sensors.  Is there a way they
can be represented as 'not present' rather than zeroes?

I actually have two instances of xastir running here.  In the house on my
desktop, I'm running 1.7.1 with a connection to an internet server, and
the local server port enabled.  In the hamshack in the garage, I have the
1.8.2 instance.  That's the one that has the wx station connected, and it
gets its aprs-is feed from the 1.7.1's server port.  On the office
desktop, I'm seeing the 'wx' symbol, and 'station info' tells me it is
seeing the packets on its interneet -2 port, which I'm guessing is the
internal server port.  However, the station info dialog does not contain
any wx info.  Ultimately, I would like to see the wx data not only on the
office machine, but I would like them gated to the aprs-is as well.  Where
should I be looking to track this one down?

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin