[Xastir] What's with the bullseye?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Sep 4 18:37:44 EDT 2007

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Tom Russo wrote:

> > The objects created like this would show up on all the Xastir instances in
> > use on the search, getting important mission information to everyone involved.
> > And obviously, to those who are not.

Another comment about the above, Xastir was the first and I believe
the only one so far to encode/decode this type of information, and
the encoding used is _not_ in the APRS spec.  Other APRS clients
will not draw the circles.

> In this case, though, it is apparent from the comments associated with the
> object that it is being used to show the coverage of a UHF station rather than
> SAR information.

So they should be encoding it with PHG or radio range in the comment
field instead, which would give the green PHG circles in Xastir and
display circles or ovals in other APRS clients.