[Xastir] What's with the bullseye?

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 18:40:10 EDT 2007

--- Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:
> In this case, though, it is apparent from the
> comments associated with the
> object that it is being used to show the coverage of
> a UHF station rather than
> SAR information.
>
> <http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=440cvr>
>
> shows "441.7125 coverage" in the comments.

Interesting.  Well, I guess it's one of three things:
1. SC is flatter than I thought
2. This guy has a ridiculously tall tower (or tower
spot)
3. He's being quite generous with UHF propagation.
The repeater in Atlanta at 1000 feet doesn't even
reach the Alabama line at 146 MHz.

Quite interesting anyway.  I guess it could be useful
for this application but wouldn't a PHG circle be easier?