[Xastir] maps help

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Sep 6 12:26:04 EDT 2007

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007, Murry wrote:

> Can someone help with online maps please.
> When I go to the map chooser and select either;
> Canada Topo 250k.geo  or
> Canada Topo 50k.geo  or
> TX Radar.geo  or
> US Radar.geo  or
> WMS Radar.geo
> I don't get any maps.
>
> If I select any of the terraserver items I get a black screen.

Ah.  That may be because of your ImageMagick or GraphicsMagick
version.  What version of IM or GM are you using, and what OS and OS
version?

Try one of these fixes:

*) Switch to IM from GM, -or-
*) Switch to GM from IM, -or-
*) Try a newer or older package of IM or GM.

Depending on how they were compiled they may work for some images
and not others, or may not work with the colordepth of your display
because of how they were compiled.  Also, Xastir doesn't have the
most complete code with respect to IM/GM and color depth of display.
FWIW I'm running 16-bit color generally, but still ran across this
problem when compiling GM from scratch.  I had to add a configure
option to it and recompile it before it would display more than
BLACK.