[Xastir] Maps question

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Thu Sep 6 18:59:27 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 14:03 -0700, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Sep 2007, Andrew Rich wrote:
>
> > What would be cool is a map repositry
>
> Agreed.

+1

You're more than welcome to pilfer my CA maps.  I've been busy and
haven't been able to get around to finishing NV, yet.

http://stratofox.org/gis

All I ask is credit for the work.  I may go back at some point and redo
CA to filter outliers and use either Kreiging or Regularized Splines
with Tension and Anisotropy algorithms for more natural looking maps.

> > people add maps as they go, i have a server they could use.
> >
> > then a script grabs .geo 's once a day
> >
> > or - a script just adds and downloads new maps
>
> Yep.  Either way would be cool.  .GEO's are small, so writing code
> to go out and snag the latest periodically would be easy.  Either
> do it from cron or perhaps have Xastir do it directly and then
> reindex if it snagged anything new.

I run a mapserver locally to serve my own data.  I've been considering
adding one to the Stratofox server, which would cover a plethora of data
sources and be available to the public.  I just need to find some time
to do it.  Easier said than done, but serving up ~1' resolution aerial
imagery would be pretty swank.

--
73, de Brad KB8UYR/6 <rez touchofmadness com>