[Xastir] Suggestion with speech

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Sep 17 12:51:35 EDT 2007

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007, Steve Friis wrote:

> I noticed that when speech is activated with "tracked station", the
> proximity alerts enumerate how close the tracked station is in relation
> to every other station within the distance parameter. This seems like an
> awful waste of resources and very annoying. My thought is that I would
> only want this station to tell me where it is at in relation to me. I
> could care less where it is at in relation to each weather station,
> mobile on the highway, base station and digipeater. Am I wrong or
> missing some point?

I believe this feature was added to support a particular event.
Memory is fuzzy, but I think it might have been the NYC Marathon or
similar.  The idea was that they could listen to the speech instead
of having to watch the map to know where each tracker was in
relation to each checkpoint along the course.