[Xastir] Suggestion with speech

Steve Friis wm5z at comcast.net
Sat Sep 15 12:46:57 EDT 2007

I noticed that when speech is activated with "tracked station", the
proximity alerts enumerate how close the tracked station is in relation
to every other station within the distance parameter. This seems like an
awful waste of resources and very annoying. My thought is that I would
only want this station to tell me where it is at in relation to me. I
could care less where it is at in relation to each weather station,
mobile on the highway, base station and digipeater. Am I wrong or
missing some point?

Without all the clutter, I can see that speech would be very useful.

Steve/WM5Z