[Xastir] Xastir 1.9.1 from 21.sept

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Sep 25 15:27:57 EDT 2007

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Luka wrote:

> Today I tried to compile a newer version of xastir but I get this error
> messages:

Most of those are warning messages.  I see some of them on my latest
OpenSuSE-10.2 system, but on SuSE 9.1 and 10.0 systems it compiles
cleanly with no errors or warnings.

> map_geo.c:1928: warning: format ‘%i’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 3
> has type ‘double’
> map_geo.c:1928: warning: format ‘%i’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 4
> has type ‘double’
> map_geo.c:1928: warning: format ‘%i’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 5
> has type ‘double’

Those are all new to me.  It appears to be a debug statement so it's
a non-issue at this point.  The code doesn't get used unless you set
debug level 16.

> map_geo.c:1948: error: invalid operands to binary <<
> map_geo.c:1949: error: invalid operands to binary <<
> map_geo.c:1950: error: invalid operands to binary <<
> map_geo.c:2296: error: array subscript is not an integer
> map_geo.c:2300: error: array subscript is not an integer

These are the ones that are stopping you, and they are new to me.  I
don't see the errors on any of my systems.  The first three only get
compiled in if you have a quantum depth of 8 in ImageMagick or
GraphicsMagick.  I know for a fact I had trouble with a fresh
compile of GraphicsMagick with the default quantum depth of 8, and
had to recompile it with 16 in order to make image maps work (they
displayed as all black otherwise).  I didn't get a compile error
like you're seeing though.  You probably need a different
GraphicsMagick or ImageMagick that is compiled with a quantum depth
of 16.  It's possible that Xastir needs some work in this area of
the code to be able to handle GM/IM with quantum depth of 8.

The last two errors look like definite code errors in Xastir, but
may be somewhat dependent on the type of variable defined in the
GM/IM header files as well for the "image" struct.  We sometimes see
different warnings show up because of differences in the header
files from IM/GM version to version, but haven't had outright errors
from it in quite a while.

I'd try switch from GM to IM, or IM to GM, to see if that solves
your problem.  Which version of GM or IM do you have installed?