[Xastir] Xastir 1.9.1 from 21.sept

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Sep 25 15:50:53 EDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 01:09:52PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 08:30:37PM +0200, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <s57lx at hamradio.si> flavor, containing:
> >  Hello!
> >
> >  Today I tried to compile a newer version of xastir but I get this error
> >  messages:
> >
> [...]
> >  map_geo.c: In function ???draw_geo_image_map???:
> >  map_geo.c:1596: warning: value computed is not used
> >  map_geo.c:1928: warning: format ???%i??? expects type ???int???, but
> >  argument 3 has type ???double???
> >  map_geo.c:1928: warning: format ???%i??? expects type ???int???, but
> >  argument 4 has type ???double???
> >  map_geo.c:1928: warning: format ???%i??? expects type ???int???, but
> >  argument 5 has type ???double???
>
> These are just harmless warnings.
>
> >  map_geo.c:1948: error: invalid operands to binary <<
> >  map_geo.c:1949: error: invalid operands to binary <<
> >  map_geo.c:1950: error: invalid operands to binary <<
> >  map_geo.c:2296: error: array subscript is not an integer
> >  map_geo.c:2300: error: array subscript is not an integer
>
> This strongly suggests that you have locally modified map_geo.c and had a
> CVS conflict when you did your cvs update.  Check around line 1948, and you'll

No, this is totally wrong.  (It is a common error, but not in this case).

Somehow your Magick has double precision values in the "PixelPacket" structure
instead of ints, and this is the real problem.  (It is the source of the
warnings *and* the error messages above).

On my system PixelPacket is defined in the "magick-type.h" file in
/usr/local/include/magick.  On your system it might be in /usr/include/magick.
On my systems the PixelPacket structure defines its red, green and blue elements
to be of type "Quantum" which is then defined as something else (int, char,
unsigned long, etc.) depending on other parameters.  Somehow yours is getting
Quantum defined as a double, which is Just Wrong.

What version of Magick (i.e. the version number of the GraphicsMagick or
ImageMagick package) do you have?