[Xastir] Compile issues

Rodney Baker rodney.baker at optusnet.com.au
Sat Sep 29 08:59:12 EDT 2007

On Fri, September 28, 2007 09:48, Tony Hunt wrote:

> Heres the results from the configure.. The make does not seem to produce
> a binary. And it configures with no support for anything really. The
> config.logs are here http://www.users.on.net/~wavetel/temp/configlogs.zip
>

> I can see its got issues with shapefil.h  pcre.h   XpmI.h  gdal.h
> db.h   magick/api.h Now this is familiar  "WARNING: *** Cannot find
> ImageMagick include
> files:  Building w/o ImageMagick support. ***"
> And thats just v1.6.0

Tony,

Have you installed the ImageMagick-devel packages? You need not only to
install the base packages but also the development packages for each of
the dependencies. These contain the missing header files that are needed
for other applications to compile against the various libraries.

You should enable the relevant dev repositories in the apt repository
configuration file and then do apt-get <package>-devel. If, however, you
have compiled each of the dependencies from source the headers will also
have been installed. You may need to specify where the headers have been
installed with the appropriate parameters passed to configure (do
configure --help to get the list of available switches).

Regards,
Rodney.

> Maybee its just too hard to make it go on this system but there is good
> reason to try. If I can get it going I would like to make a deb file with
> checkinstall
>
> Tony VK5AH

-
Rodney Baker VK5ZTV