[Xastir] Compile issues

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Thu Sep 27 20:18:35 EDT 2007

Hello Xastir people..
Having problems compiling.. Last time I tried this 3 years ago I gave
up.. Iam way out of my depth here which is alot closer than 3 years
back.. Here goes.. Would love to see this go somehow. Ive spent a week
on and off with this so far and have some progress. The configure
finnally works. Ive installed imagemagick and libmotif-dev
took me ages to get a working GCC

This is on a older debian based system with a 2.4 kernel with GCC1
Ive tried compiling xastir 1.6.0 1.8.4 and 1.9.0

Ive had xastir 1.5.0 running on this system by grabbing a deb file
specially built for a similar system and installing that along with a
1.4.0 special build package
A more recent version would be so much better..

Heres the results from the configure.. The make does not seem to produce
a binary. And it configures with no support for anything really.
The config.logs are here
http://www.users.on.net/~wavetel/temp/configlogs.zip

I can see its got issues with shapefil.h  pcre.h   XpmI.h  gdal.h
db.h   magick/api.h
Now this is familiar  "WARNING: *** Cannot find ImageMagick include
files:  Building w/o ImageMagick support. ***"
And thats just v1.6.0

Maybee its just too hard to make it go on this system but there is good
reason to try. If I can get it going I would like to make a deb file
with checkinstall

Tony VK5AH