[Xastir] Xastir web interface?

Dave H davekh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 18:13:50 EDT 2008

I took a quick look at this today and found it produces snapshot.xpm - I had
a think and decided it might be nice to CRON a conversion from xpm to gif
and then cron the gif by ftp to a website regularly.

However, being at work I didn't get much time to make it work -

I tried making the conversion using Imagemagicks 'convert' function

this worked nicely on command line literally just
(in /home/daveh/.xastir/tmp/)

# convert *.xpm *.gif

and a little while later the snapshot.gif appeared.

However using cron I couldn't make it work
(from memory I wrote a file with the following then crontab -r it into cron)
its meant to do the conversion every 15mins all the time.

0,15,30,45 * * * * /usr/bin/convert  /home/daveh/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.xpm
/home/daveh/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.gif

and nothing appeared on the quarter hour - the cron was working ok..
(crontab -l to list it)

Anyone see dumbness in the above? I am using Ubuntu on a hidden pc at work
with user id g0cer-2  with internet only APRS access.

I must admit an actual web access port would be interesting for Xastir -
potentially a security danger I guess.

Dave
G0CER
G6VSG

On 01/04/2008, Greg Eigsti <greg at eigsti.com> wrote:

> I am on vacation right now but can get more data for you next week when I
> get back home.  Unfortunately my home router does not have the correct
> port
> open for you to see what my copy of xastir is serving up.
>
> The status page is very much like the javaprsrvr status page at:
> http://montana.aprs2.net:14501
>

> Greg
>

> On 3/31/08 2:31 PM, "Eric Christensen" <eric at christensenplace.us> wrote:
>
> > Do you have examples of the output?