[Xastir] Slashgeo | TIGER Data Finally Out SHP Format

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Apr 2 12:05:59 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 09:03:16AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <esarfl at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> Download link: http://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/geo/shapefiles/national-files
>
> Now how do I make water lines a different color from road lines? Is
> that what dbfawk does? Can a generic configuration file be distributed
> for this (and how would I go about doing this)?

A new set of dbfawk files specific for these shapefiles will have to be
written.  As the shapefiles are only a day old, nobody's gotten around to
doing that yet.

You could start from the file "tgr2shp.dbfawk" and "tgr2shppoly.dbfawk" and
adapt them to the new shapefiles if you care to try it out.  I was planning to
do just that eventually, but am too busy to do it any time this week.