[Xastir] Re: Xastir web interface?

Eric Germann ekgermann at cctec.com
Thu Apr 3 11:58:57 EDT 2008

Or you can have an application like we do here in Van Wert County.  We've
built a weather net that squawks APRS and they show up on the Xastir
display.  With the appropriate zoom level, watch box overlays, radar, etc,
we can get near real time data as storms move across the county.

It's one heck of a lot easier to put a shortcut to a web page in the
browser at the fire stations for firefighters to operate, than it is to
run a full blown Xastir implementation.

In the past I wrote code to take weather radar images and smash them into
an MPG video that could be streamed.  That was nice because you could
watch it move across the county and see how things changed.  Guess I'm
going to have to do that with our Xastir when I get a little time.

EKG