[Xastir] Re: Xastir web interface?

Craig Anderson acraiga at pacbell.net
Wed Apr 2 15:33:43 EDT 2008

Xastir can be a long process to get installed, especially
on Windowz boxes.  A web "interface" allows anyone who
shows up in the EOC to see what we see without the hassle
of installing Xastir.  This goes double for transient EOC visitors
during a disaster like National Guard, FBI, FEMA, and others
who may not be allowed to install Xastir by their agency policy.
A web interface is the "universal" interface; everyone can use it.
And it can be used from anywhere on the Internet by any number
of people.

Craig