[Xastir] D700 Connection

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Apr 9 23:13:54 EDT 2008

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Jason KG4WSV wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 10:00 PM, Keith Kaiser <keith.kaiser at gmail.com> wrote:
> > t I just noticed, its permissions
> > are set to -rw-r--r--@ 1 root  wheel   1439 Apr  9 21:08 tnc-startup.d700
> >  don't they have to be executable?
>
> no, but they have to be writable.  i don't have a 232/usb device to
> check, but i think the permissions should be 666 (rw-rw-rw-).  But
> then again, that setuid xastir executable should take care of that.

He's talking about the tnc-startup file above, not the serial
port...

> in case you haven't hit this, on the mac you'll probably want to "sudo
> cmd" for each of the commands Curt mentioned, instead of doing an su
> first.

I never know if people have /etc/sudoers set up properly and know
how to use sudo, so often I quote the brute-force method.  Since I
caught the sudo bug myself I always use it!

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer