[Xastir] version interactions?

Craig Anderson acraiga at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 11 03:53:36 EDT 2008

Hi all,
	I'm having a strange problem with interactions
between Xastir versions (maybe).

I have an old iMac PowerPC running the most
recent stable Debian and Xastir 1.9.2 connected
to a serial TNC.  This works great, no problems.
It has it's "server ports" turned on ready to share
it's data.

I have an Intel MacBook running Mac OS X v5
with Xastir 1.9.2.  The MacBook has an "Internet
Server" interface connected to the iMac server
port (2023) so I can see what the iMac hears over
the radio and it's nice antenna.

The problem is that the MacBook has stopped
getting any data from the iMac over the server ports.
The iMac works fine, gets all the data from the radio
and displays it nicely.  The MacBook get no data
and it's connection to the iMac keeps dropping.
It's set to automagically re-connect, and it does,
after it's missed all the data.  I think it gets knocked
off the server port every time data is sent, but I
don't know why because there are no error
messages.  It may be dropping a lot more often
than coinciding with data transfers.

All this was working fine when I had the iMac
running the stock Debian Xastir package of
version 1.8.2.  But that didn't have many options
compiled in, so I upgraded to version 1.9.2.
It also worked fine with the iMac running the
new Xastir 1.9.2 until I changed the IP address
of the iMac from a DHCP address to a static one.
I've re-booted the iMac, re-configured and
restarted Xastir on the MacBook all to no avail.

Anyone got any *wild* ideas for my tired old brain?

Thanks,
Craig
n6yxk