[Xastir] Slax and Fonts

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Apr 11 11:29:18 EDT 2008

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008, Tony Hunt wrote:

> So how do I get some more fonts working with SLAX which is Slackware based ?

Take a look at this link:

http://maurits.vanrees.org/weblog/archive/2006/11/ubuntu-linux-from-dapper-to-edgy

I found it and others via a Google search with these search terms

    "boxes instead of text" linux
    "boxes instead of characters" linux

It's possible that your fonts are misconfigured, that you need to
install additional fonts, or that your LANG variable needs to be
changed to something else.  That last is a long-shot, but I noticed
that OpenSUSE changed to something like UTF-8, where Xastir wants to
see "C" or "US_en", else your config files won't work properly.  I
don't know for sure if that will affect the displayed fonts as well.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer