[Xastir] Ubuntu 7.10 and XASTIR

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Apr 11 11:33:46 EDT 2008

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, Robert C. Rogers wrote:

> One problem is after a couple minutes if I try to open any of  the drop down
> screens it opens as a very small window in the upper left corner.  If I try to
> do anything else I loose the top bar on the open window and so far the only
> fix for that is a reboot.....

Xastir opens a small window which it uses to then try to gauge the
height/width of the window decorations.  It sounds like your window
manager is misbehaving with these windows for some reason.  They
should appear for a fraction of a second (depending on the speed of
your hardware) and then disappear.

What window manager are you using?  Can you switch to another one
easily to see if that solves this particular problem?  I have a
large choice of window managers on my system.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer