[Xastir] Ubuntu 7.10 and XASTIR

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Wed Apr 16 18:52:54 EDT 2008

Robert. Have a look at your video card settings. Ive seen similar oddities
here under 7.10. I have a Nvidia card with the Restricted drivers enabled. I
found installing a different window manager KDE or XFCE fixed the problem in
that it only seems to occur under Gnome.
http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/kde
http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/xubuntu

More to the point perhaps have a search in the mail group archives for
"cigar" . Of recent times there has been talk about the Cigar issue with
Ubuntu. Here is an extract from a earlier mail.

We have found that the Cigar issue seems to centre around Gnome and
Restricted Drivers with the   "Desktop Effects" enabled . Well thats how it
was for me.

Have a search for the "Desktop Effects" in the Gnome system menu from
memory. Mine
was set to Normal and this caused the Cigars to appear. Setting it to OFF
fixed it along with using XFce and KDE desktops.

Tony Hunt  VK5AH