[Xastir] torrents and xastir

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Aug 1 10:15:59 EDT 2008

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, Gerry Creager wrote:

> We have some folks who don't have a lot of bandwidth, so a Torrent might be
> useful to them to retrieve stuff, but that's speculation.  Overall,
> repositories in the conventional sense might be better/easier to
> maintain.

What about when one user has a whole lot of data but a limited pipe
heading out?  I think I have 800kbits up/3Mbits down.  A torrent
might be a good way to get the data out there, eventually.

The sheer volume involved in CD's or DVD's containing images is
daunting, i.e. DRG's and DOQQ's.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer